Investigation for South Fill Area, United States Military Academy, West Point, New York Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Investigation for South Fill Area, United States Military Academy, West Point, New York
- Added Title U.S. Waterways Experiment Station Miscellaneous Paper GL-80-7
- Series Title U.S. Waterways Experiment Station Reports
Author: Taylor, Hugh M., Jr.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Poplin, Jack K.Creator Type: Personal
Author: Mitchell, Gerald B.Creator Type: Personal
Originator: Geotechnical Laboratory (U.S.)Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: U.S. Waterways Experiment Station, Geotechnical Laboratory
Originator: United States. Army. Corps of Engineers. Directorate of Military Construction.Contributor Type: Organization
Distributor: United States. National Technical Information Service.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Available from National Technical Information Service, Springfield, VA
Name: Waterways Experiment Station (U.S.)Place of Publication: Vicksburg, Mississippi
- Creation: 1980-08
- Physical Description:  p. : illustrations, maps ; 27 cm.
- Content Description: Abstract: "The investigation reported herein describes surface and subsurface horizontal and vertical control, sampling, testing, laboratory testing, and analyses performed to determine the stability of a rock fill over fat clay deposits (South Fill) bordering the Hudson River at the West Point Military Academy, West Point, New York. The South Fill area in its present configuration was found to be stable and should remain stable provided use is limited to parking, athletic fields, and recreational areas. The report contains documentation of data collected since the monitoring program began in 1961."
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Slopes (Soil mechanics)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Fills (Earthwork)
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Soils -- Testing.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: United States Military Academy.
- Keyword: field tests
- Keyword: fills
- Keyword: settlement
- Keyword: slope stability
- Keyword: soil tests
- Keyword: laboratory tests
- Keyword: subsurface investigations
- Place Name: United States - New York - Orange County - West Point
- Start Date: 1961
- End Date: 1980
Name: Technical Report Archive and Image LibraryCode: TRAIL
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- OCLC: 889450843
- Report No.: Miscellaneous Paper GL-80-7
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc303971