Investigation for South Fill Area, United States Military Academy, West Point, New York Page: 3 of 262
The following text was automatically extracted from the image on this page using optical character recognition software:
SECURITY CLASSIFICATION OF THIS PAGE (When Date Entered)
REPORT DOCUMENTATION PAGE READ INSTRUCTIONS
BEFORE COMPLETING FORM
1. REPORT NUMBER 2. GOVT ACCESSION NO. 3. RECIPIENT'S CATALOG NUMBER
Miscellaneous Paper GL-80-7
4. TITLE (and Subtitle) 5. TYPE OF REPORT & PERIOD COVERED
INVESTIGATION FOR SOUTH FILL AREA, UNITED STATES Final report
MILITARY ACADEMY, WEST POINT, NEW YORK
6. PERFORMING ORG. REPORT NUMBER
7. AUTHOR(a) 8. CONTRACT OR GRANT NUMBER(e)
Hugh M. Taylor, Jr. Intra-Army Order
Jack K. Poplin No. NYD 78-76(M)
Gerald B. Mitchell
9. PERFORMING ORGANIZATION NAME AND ADDRESS 10. PROGRAM ELEMENT, PROJECT, TASK
U. S. Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station AREA& WORK UNIT NUMBERS
P. 0. Box 631, Vicksburg, Miss. 39180
11. CONTROLLING OFFICE NAME AND ADDRESS 12. REPORT DATE
The Directorate of Military Construction August 1980
Office, Chief of Engineers, U. S. Army 13. NUMBER OF PAGES
Washington, D. C. 20314 246
14. MONITORING AGENCY NAME & ADDRESS(if different from Controlling Office) 15. SECURITY CLASS. (of thi report)
16. DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT (of tile Report)
Approved for public release; distribution unlimited.
17. DISTRIBUTION STATEMENT (of the abstract entered In Block 20, if different from Report)
18. SUPPLEMENTARY NOTES
19. KEY WORDS (Continue on reverse aide if necessary and identify by block number)
Field tests Subsurface investigations
Fills United States Military Academy
Soil tests (laboratory)
2. A8T RACT (Cenuite e rewrm et ft nmesaeuey ad identify by block number)
The investigation reported herein describes surface and subsurface horizon
tal and vertical control, sampling, testing, laboratory testing, and analyses
performed to determine the stability of a rock fill over fat clay deposits
(South Fill) bordering the Hudson River at the West Point Military Academy,
West Point, New York. The South Fill area in its present configuration was
found to be stable and should remain stable provided use is limited to parking,
athletic fields, and recreational areas. The report contains documentation of
data collected since the monitoring program began in 1961.
DD , *N 1473 EDITION OF 1 NOV 65 IS OBSOLETE
SECURITY CLASS! FtCATION OF THIS PAGE (IWher Data Entered)
Here’s what’s next.
This report can be searched. Note: Results may vary based on the legibility of text within the document.
Tools / Downloads
Get a copy of this page or view the extracted text.
Citing and Sharing
Basic information for referencing this web page. We also provide extended guidance on usage rights, references, copying or embedding.
Reference the current page of this Report.
Taylor, Hugh M., Jr.; Poplin, Jack K. & Mitchell, Gerald B. Investigation for South Fill Area, United States Military Academy, West Point, New York, report, August 1980; Vicksburg, Mississippi. (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metadc303971/m1/3/: accessed May 20, 2019), University of North Texas Libraries, Digital Library, https://digital.library.unt.edu; crediting UNT Libraries Government Documents Department.