Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Boots
Donor: Barentine, J. P., IIIContributor Type: Personal
Retailer: Fishing Bridge Store, Yellowstone National ParkContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1968
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of brown suede boots. Almost knee-high, the boots are constructed as slip-on rounded-toe shoes or moccasins with added segments on the quarter to create the length of the boots. At the top, the suede of the boots is folded over outwards forming a pocket for a drawstring around top and a band of suede fringe around the outside of the boot. Indistinct trademark/logo stamped on sole. Illegible stamped mark inside boots. Referred to as "Squaw Boots", these were worn by the donor who acquired them in 1968 from the Fishing Bridge Store, in Yellowstone National Park.
- Physical Description: 29 cm. long; 12 cm. at widest; 45 cm. at highest.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Boots (Footwear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
- Keyword: Yellowstone National Park
- Keyword: Fishing Bridge
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1968
- Place Name: United States - Wyoming
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 2006.007.202
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30322