Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Coat
Designer: Mouratidis, Michael, 1920-2002Creator Type: Personal
Donor: Noumas, HelenContributor Type: Personal
Retailer: Balenciaga ParisContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1989
- No Language
- Content Description: Evening coat of brocade and fur. The full-length coat is of a pale yellow silk brocade, with a pattern of flowers and scrolls in reds, purples, blues, white, silver, and gold. It has long sleeves and opens along the center front, with no closures. The cuffs and collar are wide bands of dyed purple fox fur. The coat is lined in a pale tan/yellow silk. Sewn in below collar at inside center back is designer's label: "Designed / by Mouratidis / Washington DC" Attached inside right side near hip is original paper label printed on one side "Balenciaga / Paris", and written on the back "Brocade evening mystery / coat w/fox / R". Donated to the Texas Fashion Collection by Helen Noumas, in memory of her partner Michael Mouratidis, designer of the piece.
- Physical Description: 155 cm. from top of collar to base of hem along back; 51 cm. across shoulders at back.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Coats (Garments)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Brocade (Textile)
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1989
- Place Name: United States - Washington D.C.
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30321