Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Designer: Dellar, IanCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Dellar, Ian (b. Australia, 1940s?, learned hatmaking in Australia, worked in Fiji, Vancouver, and USA)
- Creation: 2000
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat with "Pineapple" crown. The domed crown of green felted rabbit fur is worked by gathering, "pinching" and seaming to create a surface resembling a pineapple. Around the hat "orbit" two bands of taupe felted rabbit fur edged in green grosgrain ribbon. They are connected on opposite sides of the hat and extend out into the space around the crown. Crossing the ribbons at one attachment point is a green felted rabbit fur "sheath" from which extend three long pheasant feathers. Inner hatband of green grosgrain ribbon, and with taupe felt lining the inside of the crown. Sewn to the inner hatband is designer's label: "Ian / D"
- Physical Description: 18 cm. from base of brim to top of crown; 31 x 25 cm. across, with outer bands.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 2000
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 2000.011.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30308