Ensemble - Jacket, Skirts and Blouse Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Added Title Suit
- Main Title Ensemble - Jacket, Skirts and Blouse
Designer: Brooks, RichardCreator Type: Personal
Former owner: Richards, Ann, 1933-2006Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: 45th Governor of Texas from 1991 to 1995
- Creation: 1991/1992
- No Language
- Content Description: Ensemble of rose silk. The suit consists of a jacket, two skirts and a blouse. The jacket is made from a 1930's sari of pale pink silk embroidered with gold and silver threads, beads, and pink sequins in designs of vines, flowers and abstract line patterns. Jacket has a floating yoke and full leg-o-mutton sleeves with long narrow cuffs that have zipper closures. The jacket itself has a center front opening with no closure. The neckline, edges of closure, hem, and cuffs are edged in heavily beaded bands added by the designer. Designer's label sewn inside back at neck: "Richard Brooks". The blouse is of heavy pink silk, collarless, with round neckline. It is short-sleeved, with pleating at the shoulder. Vertical seaming on front and back for structure. There is a concealed center-back closure with snap at top and 5 clear plastic circular buttons down the length. The blouse is lined in a dark, dusty pink silk and has sewn-in shoulder pads. Designer's label is sewn inside back to the left of the opening: "Richard Brooks". The two skirts are are both of identical pink silk, matching the blouse, of identical construction. One is knee-length, and the other is full-length. Both are lined in the same pink silk as the jacket. The short skirt has designer's label sewn in at waistband: "Richard Brooks". Worn by Governor Ann Richards when she spoke at the Gridiron Club in Washington, 1992.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Ensembles (Costumes)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Suits (Main Garments)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Jackets (Garments)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Skirts (Garments)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Embroidery
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Beadwork
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Other: Gridiron Club (Washington D.C.)
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1991
- End Date: 1992
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
- Place Name: United States - Washington D.C.
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 2000.002.002
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30304