Ensemble - Jacket, Skirt and Blouse Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Ensemble - Jacket, Skirt and Blouse
- Added Title Suit
Designer: AdolfoCreator Type: Personal
Retailer: Neiman-MarcusContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Neiman-Marcus Co. (USA) (est. 1907 in Dallas, Texas, USA, by Herbert Marcus, Carrie Marcus-Neiman, and Al Neiman)
Donor: Fikes, Catherine W.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1979
- No Language
- Content Description: Suit in hot pink nubbly wool knit. The ensemble consists of three pieces: a jacket, matching skirt, and black silk shell. The jacket is hip-length, with a shawl collar which has an attached black silk tie. The center front closure has 6 circular brass buttons with central embossed lion's heads and black outer edges. There are four faux flap pockets at front, two on each side of opening, each with button matching those of the closure. The long sleeves have simulated closure, with a line of three buttons matching others on each sleeve. The pocket flaps, cuffs, collar, center front, and hem are all edged in black. Designer's label sewn inside jacket at collar: "Adolfo / New York", with retailer's label sewn in just below: "Neiman-Marcus". The matching skirt is below-knee length, of the same pink wool knit, with pleating beginning 7" below waistband and extending to hem. Skirt has designer's label sewn inside at waistband as jacket. The accompanying black silk blouse is sleeveless, with rounded neckline. Single black silk -covered button closure at back of neck. Shell has designer's label sewn inside at left of closure as jacket.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Suits (Main Garments)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Jackets (Garments)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Skirts (Garments)
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1979
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1998.007.010
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30285