Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Coat
Donor: Thomas, Mrs. E.C.Contributor Type: Personal
Former owner: Yager, Mrs. Carlton L.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1923/1926
- No Language
- Content Description: Coat of floral brocade and blue velvet. The mid-length wrap coat is made of Jacquard woven silk(?)in a pattern of flowers in blues, taupe, and browns on a dark brown ground, with metallic gold stitching throughout. The raglan sleeves and the collar are edged in wide bands of gathered ruched aqua blue/green velvet. Center front opening with no closures. The coat is lined in aqua blue/green velvet. No labels in garment. Owned by Mrs. Carlton L. Yager of California, aunt of the donor, who called it her "Opera Coat".
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Coats (Garments)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Keyword: Jacquard Weave
- Item is a Primary Source
- End Date: 1926
- Start Date: 1923
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1986.014.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30232