Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Dress
Donor: Luckadoo, Barbara H.Contributor Type: Personal
Retailer: Neiman-MarcusContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Neiman-Marcus Co. (USA) (est. 1907 in Dallas, Texas, USA, by Herbert Marcus, Carrie Marcus-Neiman, and Al Neiman)
- Creation: 1950
- No Language
- Content Description: Dress. The mid-length dress has a pink crepe under-dress/slip which is overlaid with a black net sheath embellished with lavish black bead-work in the forms of rose-heads forming a trellis and fan-shapes in the openings of the trellis. The dress is sleeveless, with a high boat neckline. At natural waist is an attached pink satin belt with bow in front. Center back zipper, with section of hooks-and-eyes at upper part. The dress is accompanied by a long rectangular pink chiffon scarf. There are two labels in the dress, the Retailer's label "Neiman-Marcus" sewn inside at waist to right of zipper, and maker's label sewn inside near top of under-dress on left of zipper "Made in British Crown / Colony Hong Kong". No labels on scarf.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Dresses (Garments)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Beadwork
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1950
- Place Name: United States
- Place Name: Hong Kong
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1986.009.048
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30225