Hearing Loss Prevention: Improvements to DOD Hearing Conservation Programs Could Lead to Better Outcomes Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hearing Loss Prevention: Improvements to DOD Hearing Conservation Programs Could Lead to Better Outcomes
Author: United States. Government Accountability Office.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Accountability Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2011-01-31
- Content Description: A letter report issued by the Government Accountability Office with an abstract that begins "Exposure to hazardous noise can have negative implications for both servicemember health and readiness. Moreover, in fiscal year 2009, some of the most common impairments for veterans receiving Veterans Affairs (VA) disability benefits were hearing related, as annual payments for such conditions exceeded $1.1 billion. To examine Department of Defense (DOD) efforts to prevent hearing loss, GAO is reporting on (1) how well the DOD and armed services identify and mitigate hazardous noise; (2) how well the military evaluates hearing conservation program performance; and (3) the status of DOD's Hearing Center of Excellence and the extent that DOD and VA are sharing information to inform this and other efforts. GAO reviewed DOD and services' policies and guidance, reviewed DOD performance data, interviewed officials and servicemembers, and conducted site visits to nine military bases."
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Government accountability -- United States.
- Keyword: health care
- Keyword: hearing loss prevention
- Keyword: letter report
- Place Name: United States
Name: Government Accountability Office ReportsCode: GAORT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights License: pd
- Report No.: GAO-11-114
- Accession or Local Control No: 315415
- URL: http://gao.gov/products/GAO-11-114
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc302177