Pillbox Hat Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Pillbox Hat
- Added Title Pill Box Hat
Retailer: Innes (Wichita, KS)Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: he George Innes Dry Goods Company was formed in June 1897. In 1927, a six-story building was built on the northwest corner of Broadway and William to house the growing business. In December 1951, Innes was sold to Younker Brothers, Inc., of Des Moines, Iowa. Four years later it was bought by Macy's.
Donor: Zech, Mrs. Robert F.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1951
- No Language
- Content Description: Pillbox hat of paisley velveteen. The circular, domed hat is made of a velveteen fabric with printed paisley pattern in shades of green, red, brown, purple, cream, etc. At top of hat is a ball of the same materials. The entire hat and ball have added sewn-on colored rhinestones scattered throughout, and small gold beads. Lined in black cloth, with black grosgrain ribbon inner hatband. Sewn into inner hatband is retailer's label: "Innes / Wichita" Purchased at the Innes store, Wichita, Kansas.
- Physical Description: 21 cm. across; 14 cm. from base of brim to top of ball.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1951
- Place Name: United States - Kansas - Sedgwick County - Wichita
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1981.011.006
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30184