Pillbox Hat Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Pillbox Hat
- Added Title Pill Box Hat
Donor: Balenciaga, CristóbalCreator Type: Personal
Donor: de Osborne, Claudia HeardContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1962
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of black silk tulle and satin in the form of a low pillbox of black silk tulle, tapering slightly to the shallow-domed crown. On the right side is a cascade of dyed green ostrich feathers. No designer's label.
- Physical Description: Measurements: 15.5 x 16.5 cm. across, without feather cascade; 9.5 cm. high from base to top of crown; Feather cascade approx 29 cm. from top to bottom.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1962
- Place Name: France - Île-de-France Region - Département de Ville de Paris - Paris
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30179