Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Designer: Balenciaga, CristóbalCreator Type: Personal
Donor: de Osborne, Claudia HeardContributor Type: Personal
Designer: Gossens, RobertContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1960/1965
- No Language
- Content Description: Hat of black velvet. The hat has a circular, slightly domed, crown completely covered in black velvet. At the front is attached a rhinestone and glass(?) brooch formed as firework spray. The central iridescent faceted stone is surrounded by rays or arms of lines of rhinestones simulating diamonds. Some rays arc over the brooch, some hang down. Most are only partly rigid, so that as the wearer moves the rays shimmer and the stones catch the light. The crown is lined in black fabric, with a black grosgrain ribbon running along the inner lower edge. Attached to the inner ribbon band is a plastic comb to help secure the hat to the wearer's head. No labels. Donor attributed the brooch to Balenciaga. Alternatively attributed to Robert Goossens of Paris, who is known to have supplied Balenciaga.
- Physical Description: 18 cm. front to back excluding brooch; 17 cm. side to side; 11 cm. from base to top of crown.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Brooches
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Arts and Crafts - Crafts - Jewelry
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1960
- End Date: 1965
- Place Name: France - Île-de-France Region - Département de Ville de Paris - Paris
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1979.011.037
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30164