Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Pumps
Designer: Levine, Beth KatzCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Levine, Beth Katz (b. Patchogue, Long Island, USA, 1914 - d. New York, New York, USA, 2006), Primary designer of Herbert Levine shoe company.
Manufacturer: Herbert LevineCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Herbert Levine (Company) (USA, est. 1949 by Herbert (1916-1991) and Beth Levine (1914-2006), closed 1975, revived under new ownders 2008) Herbert Levine ran the business, while Beth Levine was the primary designer of the shoes.
Retailer: Neiman-MarcusContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1950/1959
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of metallic leather pumps. Shoes of textured pink or rose metallic hue with silver undertones, edged in black velvet on vamp and around peep-toe. Slingback, fastened by black rhinestone-accented buckles. 3 1/4" spike/stiletto heels covered in the same leather. Each shoe marked inside vamp: "4 1/2 M 4311-SLW / 26080". Stamped on left shoe: "Herbert Levine / Fine Shoes"; Stamped on right shoe: "Neiman-Marcus". Stamped on both "Hand / Lasted".
- Physical Description: 19 cm. long; 8 cm. at widest point; 14 cm. at highest point; Heel: 8 cm. (3 1/4") high on axis with cap.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Pumps (Shoes)
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1950
- End Date: 1959
- Place Name: United States
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1979.009.100
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30157