Pillbox Hat Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Pillbox Hat
- Added Title Pill Box Hat
Designer: Balenciaga, CristóbalCreator Type: Personal
Retailer: EisaContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Eisa was Balenciaga's Spanish store, with several branches throughout Spain.
Donor: de Osborne, Claudia HeardContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1960/1965
- No Language
- Content Description: Pillbox hat. The short, flat-topped cylindrical crown of tan netting is completely covered with rows of artificial magenta pink silk flowers, which have yellow thread and green plush centers. Inside the lower edge of the crown is a dark green grosgrain ribbon band which has two sections of elastic cord sewn along the sides to form loops to help secure the hat to wearer's head. Label sewn into inner ribbon band: "Eisa" Donor stated that this hat was "...to wear with a black day outfit."
- Physical Description: Approx. 21 cm. front to back; approx. 20 cm. side to side; approx. 12 cm. from base to top of crown.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1960
- End Date: 1965
- Place Name: Spain
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1978.013.022
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30148