Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Toque
Designer: Balenciaga, CristóbalCreator Type: Personal
Donor: de Osborne, Claudia HeardContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1960/1968
- No Language
- Content Description: Toque of black satin. Pillbox-like hat has cylindrical crown, slightly domed, and is completely covered in black satin. At front, near base of crown, is a black satin bow from which rises a spray of black feathers. Interior of crown fully lined in black satin, with a black grosgrain ribbon band at base of crown. Sewn to the inner ribbon band is a plastic comb to secure the hat to the head of the wearer. No labels.
- Physical Description: 20 cm. front to back, excluding feathers; 18 cm. side to side; 13 cm. high from base to top of crown, excluding feathers.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: France - Île-de-France Region - Département de Ville de Paris - Paris
- Start Date: 1960
- End Date: 1968
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30134