Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Added Title Handbag
- Main Title Purse
- Added Title Beaded Bag
- Series Title Dallas Museum of Fashion Collection
Donor: Swift, Mrs. James P.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1910/1920
- No Language
- Content Description: Purse. Ornate bell-shaped silver (plated?) frame with openwork latticework set with red and blue cabochons and with silver (plated?) chain. Body of purse is of crocheted gray with vertical stripes of horizontal rows of faceted blue beads. Bottom of bag with fringe formed of loops of matching beading. Lined in gray satin with roses and vine trim.
- Physical Description: 18 cm. from tip of clasp to bottom of fringe; 12 cm. at widest part of bag.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Handbags
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Beadwork
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1910
- End Date: 1920
- Place Name: United States
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1971.003.033
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30089
- Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.