Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Purse
- Added Title Handbag
- Mesh Bag
- Series Title Dallas Museum of Fashion Collection
Donor: Brown, OnaContributor Type: Personal
Former owner: Brown, BessieContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1910/1915
- No Language
- Content Description: Purse / Handbag for afternoon use. Rectangular plain polished gunmetal / steel frame with ball/snap closure and matching chain of elongated links. Body of purse formed of gunmetal / steel mesh, with linked chain latticework along bottom edge, terminating in small spheres. Purse of gunmetal mesh, suitable for afternoon use. Inside of frame is engraved "Bessie H. Brown" and "Dallas Texas 4205 Swiss Avenue"
- Physical Description: 26 cm. from top of clasp to bottom of fringe; 19.5 cm at widest part of bag.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Handbags
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories
- Keyword: Metalwork
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: Germany
- Start Date: 1910
- End Date: 1915
- Place Name: United States - Texas - Dallas County - Dallas
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1969.015.004
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30074
- Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.