Beaded Bag Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Beaded Bag
- Added Title Handbag
- Added Title Purse
- Series Title Dallas Museum of Fashion Collection
Donor: Jones, U.A.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1900/1920
- No Language
- Content Description: Handbag. Rectangular bronze frame chased with scrolling floral forms. Ball/snap closure and bronze chain. Body of purse of off-white woven cloth covered in beaded design of red, pink, green, black, and white in an American Indian or possibly Caucasian motifs. Originally lined in pink silk. Frame is marked "Germany".
- Physical Description: 24 cm. from tip of clasp to bottom of bag; 18 cm. across at bottom of bag.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Handbags
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Beadwork
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States
- Start Date: 1900
- End Date: 1920
- Place Name: Germany
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1969.012.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30073
- Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.