Postal Service: Progress in Implementing Supply Chain Management Initiatives Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Postal Service: Progress in Implementing Supply Chain Management Initiatives
Author: United States. General Accounting Office.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. General Accounting Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2004-05-17
- Content Description: A letter report issued by the General Accounting Office with an abstract that begins "The Postal Service is on the cusp of a major transformation to improve its fiscal outlook. One part of this transformation involves procurement. The Postal Service is homing in on supply chain management, a process that has helped successful private-sector companies leverage their buying power and identify more efficient ways to procure goods and services. To assist congressional efforts to enact fundamental postal reform, GAO was asked to determine (1) the extent to which the Postal Service has been successful in implementing and realizing savings from its supply chain management initiatives and (2) whether these initiatives have had an effect on small businesses."
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Government accountability -- United States.
- Keyword: government operations
- Keyword: postal service
- Keyword: letter report
- Place Name: United States
Name: Government Accountability Office ReportsCode: GAORT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights License: pd
- Report No.: GAO-04-540
- Accession or Local Control No: 242338
- URL: http://gao.gov/products/GAO-04-540
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc300585