Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Hat
Designer: Florell, Walter, ca. 1911-1986Creator Type: Personal
- Creation: 1935/1939
- No Language
- Content Description: Raised beret-style hat of creme felt. Stiffened body of hat has a sienna/orange-brown grosgrain ribbon bow at top of crown, with tails of bow extending to sides, along front to edge, and trailing off of the back of the hat. The hat is surmounted by a light-brown plume of ostrich feathers. Inside of brim lined with black grosgrain ribbon. There is a thin black elastic strap to go around the back of the head to secure the hat. Label sewn to inside band: "Walter Florell / 29 East 53rd New York".
- Physical Description: 24 cm. long from front of brim to back; 24 cm. at widest; 28 cm. high from lowest point of brim to top of plume.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- Item is a Primary Source
- Start Date: 1935
- End Date: 1939
- Place Name: United States - New York - New York City
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1900.926.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30043