Beachwear Ensemble - Bikini and Coverup Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Beachwear Ensemble - Bikini and Coverup
- Added Title Ensemble - Bikini and Coverup
- Series Title Carrie Marcus Neiman Foundation Collection of Fashion
Designer: Schuberth, Emilio, 1904-1972Creator Type: Personal
Designer: Mari, EnzoContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Designer of the textile pattern.
Retailer: Neiman-MarcusContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Also Former Owner and Donor. Neiman-Marcus Co. (USA) (est. 1907 in Dallas, Texas, USA, by Herbert Marcus, Carrie Marcus-Neiman, and Al Neiman)
- Creation: 1965
- No Language
- Content Description: Beach ensemble consisting of bikini and coverup. The bikini top and bottom are of jersey printed with a modern art design of greens, pink and red stripes. Top has ties that go up and behind neck, and bands that reach around to back and secure with metal clasp. At front, between the cups along top edge is a non-functional tie made of piping made from the jersey material. Bikini bottom is low-cut. The coverup is of light chiffon, possibly silk, with swirling stripes in the same pattern as bikini. It is sleeveless, has a boat neckline, and rounded hemline. The pieces of the ensemble have various tags: In bikini top: "12" In bikini bottom: "Emilio Schuberth / Roma / Fabricato in Italia"; Made in Italy / Exclusively for / Neiman-Marcus"; "Made in Italy"; "12"; Helanca / Filanca / Marche Int. Dep." Stamped near hem of coverup: "Enzo Mari Per / Fio / Rio"; Sewn in tags: "Fio / Rio"; "Emilio Schuberth / Roma / Fabricato in Italia". Pattern designed by Enzo Mari (b. Novara, Italy, 1932). From the original Carrie Marcus Neiman Foundation collection assembled by Stanley and Edward Marcus.
- Physical Description: Size 12.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Ensembles (Costume)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Coverups
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Bikinis (Bathing Suits)
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1965
- Place Name: Italy - Lazio Region - Roma Province - Rome
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1938.001.396
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30036
- Display Note: This object was part of the Carrie Marcus Neiman Foundation Collection of fashion items collected by Stanley and Edward Marcus in honor of their aunt, one of the original founders of Neiman-Marcus. Begun in 1938, the collection comprised important items of fashion from each season, and included many items designed by winners of the Neiman-Marcus Fashion Awards, as well as pieces owned by or collected by Carrie Marcus-Neiman.