Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Dress
- Series Title Carrie Marcus Neiman Foundation Collection of Fashion
- Added Title Monastic Dress
- Added Title Trapeze Dress
Designer: McCardell, ClaireCreator Type: Personal
Retailer: Neiman-MarcusContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Also Former Owner and Donor
Former owner: Carrie Marcus Neiman FoundationContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1958
- No Language
- Content Description: Monastic Dress of red and black floral printed cotton. The dress is street-length, with natural shoulders, long sleeves and a high scoop neckline. At the waist is a black leather belt which passes through the garment at the sides, allowing the sides of the dress to be loose and flowing. The belt has a snap closure, and is designed to look "tied" at front. Also referred to as a Trapeze dress. Dress has two labels sewn inside at back of collar. Designer's label: "Claire McCardell Clothes / by Townley" and Retailer's label: "Neiman-Marcus" Belt has stamped in white on the back: "10 Claire McCardell 608" From the original Carrie Marcus Neiman Foundation collection assembled by Stanley and Edward Marcus.
- Physical Description: Size 10
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Dresses (Garments)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1958
- Place Name: United States
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1938.001.409
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30030
- Display Note: This object was part of the Carrie Marcus Neiman Foundation Collection of fashion items collected by Stanley and Edward Marcus in honor of their aunt, one of the original founders of Neiman-Marcus. Begun in 1938, the collection comprised important items of fashion from each season, and included many items designed by winners of the Neiman-Marcus Fashion Awards, as well as pieces owned by or collected by Carrie Marcus-Neiman.