Evening Sandals Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Evening Sandals
- Added Title Late Afternoon Shoes
Designer: DelmanCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Delman (New York, New York, USA) (est. ca. 1918 by Herman Delman)
Donor: Lloyd, RoseContributor Type: Personal
Retailer: Bergdorf GoodmanContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Bergdorf Goodman (New York, New York, USA) (est. as Bergdorf Goodman1901 by Edwin Goodman and Herman Berdgorf)
- Creation: 1930
- No Language
- Content Description: Pair of heeled sandals. Uppers made of black peau du soi silk crepe over leather. Edged in gold kid leather. Vamp formed of three bands, each with applied central black silk circular piece with attached gilt metal neoclassical head. Shoes buckle at side with oval gilt metal buckles set with rhinestones. 2 5/8" Boulevard-style heel. For late afternoon or evening wear. Inscribed in each shoe: "Sp14630 / 58545" Labels: In right shoe: "DELMAN / New York - Chicago - London - Paris"; In left shoe: "BERGDORF / GOODMAN".
- Physical Description: Size 5B. 21 cm. long; 8 cm. at widest point; 14cm. at highest point; Heel: 6.8 cm. (2 5/8") high on axis with cap.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Shoes (Footwear)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Sandals
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1930
- Place Name: United States
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1975.001.069
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30027