Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Bag
- Added Title Handbag
- Added Title Embroidered Bag
Donor: Kramer, Mrs. Arthur, Sr.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1880/1920
- No Language
- Content Description: Handbag for afternoon or evening use. Frame of simulated tortoiseshell, carved and with openwork, with ball/snap closure and chain. Body of bag is of beige fabric with multi-colored petit-point embroidery of a bouquet of flowers. Floral motif on bag in grey, greens, blues, pinks and rose. Lined in rose ribbed silk, and contains a change purse and mirror. French or English in origin.
- Physical Description: 23 cm. from tip of closure to bottom of bag; 17.5 cm. at widest part of bag.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Handbags
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories
- Keyword: Petit Point Embroidery
- Keyword: Needlework
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: Europe
- Start Date: 1880
- End Date: 1910
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1900.535.002
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30025