Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Handbag
- Added Title Beaded bag
- Creation: 1925
- No Language
- Content Description: Large Handbag. Rectangular gilt frame with ball/snap closure set with cabochon green stones. Body of bag formed of red, silver, grey, and black beads in a mosaic/Turkish carpet pattern. Bottom of bag with beaded fringe matching body of bag. Lined in pale peach satin with one pocket and attached small coin purse. Sewn into lining is woven tag "Made In France"; Marked on frame "Made In France".
- Physical Description: 42 cm. from tip of clasp to bottom of fringe; 27 cm. wide at widest part of bag.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Handbags
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Beadwork
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1925
- Place Name: France
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1900.364.002
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30017