Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Handbag
- Added Title Embroidered bag
Donor: Kramer, Mrs. ArthurContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 189u
- No Language
- Content Description: Handbag. Cast and chased silver framework decorated with openwork figures of children harvesting grapes. Ball/snap closure. Silver suspension chain of alternating oval links and links formed of three flower-heads. Bag is of black wool with petit point embroidery decoration on each side of a bouquet of flowers. Pink satin lining.
- Physical Description: 24.5 cm. from tip of closure to bottom of bag; 18 cm. at widest part of bag.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Handbags
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories
- Keyword: Petit Point Embroidery
- Keyword: Metalwork
- Keyword: Needlework
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: France
- Coverage Date: 189u
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1900.337.002
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30012