Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Handbag
- Added Title Beaded bag
Donor: Reeves, Mrs. Mart W.Contributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1910?
- No Language
- Content Description: Beaded handbag. Rectangular gilt metal frame with suspension chain and ball closure. Body of bag is covered with multi-colored glass beads forming a picture of a bird and flowers amid scrolling forms, same image on each side. Bottom of bag with blue beaded loops of fringe. Interior lining of blue satin, with attached circular mirror on a ribbon. European, either Paris or Vienna.
- Physical Description: 25 cm. from top of closure to end of fringe. 17 cm. at widest part of bag.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Handbags
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Beadwork
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: Europe
- Start Date: 1910
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1900.322.002
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30010