Ensemble - Dress and Coat Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Ensemble - Dress and Coat
- Series Title Carrie Marcus Neiman Foundation Collection of Fashion
Designer: Cashin, BonnieCreator Type: Personal
Retailer: Neiman MarcusContributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: Also Former Owner and Donor
- Creation: 1956
- No Language
- Content Description: Ensemble consisting of green leather jacket and green and black striped knit dress with green leather belt. The sheath-style street-length dress is of wool jersey with a knitted pattern of horizontal green and black stripes. It has very short sleeves and a wide boat neckline, and is unlined. The dress has an accompanying green leather belt that ends in fringe. The street-length coat is of matching green leather, with long sleeves and tuxedo collar that extends to lower hem. The center-front opening has no closures, and there is a welt pocket at each side seam. The coat is lined in the same fabric the dress is made from, and faces the tuxedo collar and opening. There are no designer labels in the garments, and the coat has retailer's label: "Neiman-Marcus / Trophy Room".
- Physical Description: Size 8.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Ensembles (Costume)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Dresses (Garments)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Coats (Garments)
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1956
- Place Name: United States
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1938.001.265
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30009
- Display Note: This object was part of the Carrie Marcus Neiman Foundation Collection of fashion items collected by Stanley and Edward Marcus in honor of their aunt, one of the original founders of Neiman-Marcus. Begun in 1938, the collection comprised important items of fashion from each season, and included many items designed by winners of the Neiman-Marcus Fashion Awards, as well as pieces owned by or collected by Carrie Marcus-Neiman.