Cartwheel Hat Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Cartwheel Hat
- Series Title Carrie Marcus Neiman Foundation Collection of Fashion
Designer: Galanos, James, 1924-Creator Type: Personal
Donor: Neiman MarcusContributor Type: Organization
- Creation: 1956
- No Language
- Content Description: Natural straw cartwheel or picture hat. The wide, slightly floppy, brim slopes up to the low circular domed crown. Around the crown is a black silk scarf attached in three places with black bows, with trailing section off of the back of the brim.
- Physical Description: 51 cm. across at widest point; 9 cm. high.
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Hats (Headgear)
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing - Accessories - Hats
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Straw Work
- Item is a Primary Source
- Coverage Date: 1956
- Place Name: United States
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1938.001.400
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc30000
- Display Note: This object was part of the Carrie Marcus Neiman Foundation Collection of fashion items collected by Stanley and Edward Marcus in honor of their aunt, one of the original founders of Neiman-Marcus. Begun in 1938, the collection comprised important items of fashion from each season, and included many items designed by winners of the Neiman-Marcus Fashion Awards, as well as pieces owned by or collected by Carrie Marcus-Neiman.