Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Jacket
Designer: Worth, Charles Frederick, 1826–1895Creator Type: Personal
Donor: Eldridge, Mrs. JamesContributor Type: Personal
- Creation: 1870
- No Language
- Content Description: Jacket of black silk satin. The jacket, formed as a basque bodice with typical close-fitting achieved by seaming, has extended front panels and is edged with ivory lace. The jacket is embellished with dark blue velvet and olive brown chenille appliques of floral and leaf forms and black jet beading. Lined in ivory silk satin. Photograph is from the exhibition Haute Couture - The Great Paris Designers, held at The Grace Museum, Abilene Texas, October 17 - December 30, 2000, and shows jacket as displayed with a period hat (Accession #: 1981.015.001) and skirt (Accession #: 1967.025.099).
- University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Jackets (Garments)
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Beadwork
- Art and Architecture Thesaurus (Getty): Appliqué (Technique)
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: France - Île-de-France Region - Département de Ville de Paris - Paris
- Coverage Date: 1870
Name: Texas Fashion CollectionCode: TXFC
Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + DesignCode: UNTCVA
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: by-nc-nd
- Rights Statement: All Texas Fashion Collection content and images are copyrighted.
- Physical Object
- Accession or Local Control No: 1900.048.001
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc29991