Unemployment Insurance Information Technology: States Face Challenges in Modernization Efforts Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Unemployment Insurance Information Technology: States Face Challenges in Modernization Efforts
Author: United States. Government Accountability Office.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Accountability Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2013-09-11
- Content Description: Testimony issued by the Government Accountability Office with an abstract that begins "As GAO reported in September 2012, nine selected states had made varying degrees of progress in modernizing the information technology (IT) systems supporting their unemployment insurance (UI) programs. Specifically, the states' modernization efforts were at various stages--three were in early phases of defining business needs and requirements, two were in the process of building systems based on identified requirements, two were in a "mixed" phase of having a system that was partly operational and partly in development, and two had systems that were completely operational. The enhancements provided by these systems included supporting web-based technologies with more modern databases and replacing outdated programming languages, among others."
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Government accountability -- United States.
- Keyword: information technology
- Keyword: employment
- Keyword: worker and family assistance
- Keyword: unemployment insurance information technology
- Keyword: testimony
- Place Name: United States
Name: Government Accountability Office ReportsCode: GAORT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights License: pd
- Report No.: GAO-13-859T
- Accession or Local Control No: 657734
- URL: http://gao.gov/products/GAO-13-859T
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc299732