Managing Sensitive Information: DOD Can More Effectively Reduce the Risk of Classification Errors Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Managing Sensitive Information: DOD Can More Effectively Reduce the Risk of Classification Errors
Author: United States. Government Accountability Office.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Accountability Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2006-06-30
- Content Description: A letter report issued by the Government Accountability Office with an abstract that begins "Misclassification of national security information impedes effective information sharing, can provide adversaries with information to harm the United States and its allies, and incurs millions of dollars in avoidable administrative costs. As requested, GAO examined (1) whether the implementation of the Department of Defense's (DOD) information security management program, effectively minimizes the risk of misclassification; (2) the extent to which DOD personnel follow established procedures for classifying information, to include correctly marking classified information; (3) the reliability of DOD's annual estimate of its number of classification decisions; and (4) the likelihood of DOD's meeting automatic declassification deadlines."
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Government accountability -- United States.
- Keyword: information security
- Keyword: managing sensitive information
- Keyword: letter report
- Place Name: United States
Name: Government Accountability Office ReportsCode: GAORT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights License: pd
- Report No.: GAO-06-706
- Accession or Local Control No: 250698
- URL: http://gao.gov/products/GAO-06-706
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc299425