Defense Acquisitions: Further Action Needed to Improve DOD's Insight and Management of Long-term Maintenance Contracts Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Defense Acquisitions: Further Action Needed to Improve DOD's Insight and Management of Long-term Maintenance Contracts
Author: United States. Government Accountability Office.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Accountability Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2012-05-31
- Content Description: A letter report issued by the Government Accountability Office with an abstract that begins "At the departmental level, neither the Department of Defense (DOD) nor the individual military departments know the extent to which weapon system programs rely on long-term maintenance contracts. DOD policy requires DOD and the military departments to approve acquisition strategies and lifecycle sustainment plans, which include information on contractor support, but DOD officials reported that they do not collect information on the use of long-term contracts. DODs limited visibility over long-term maintenance contracts reflects broader DOD challenges with managing services acquisition. GAOs past work has identified the need for DOD to obtain better data on its contracted services to enable it to make more strategic decisions. DOD is considering a number of policy- and data-related initiatives that could improve its knowledge of these contracts, but these efforts are in the early stages of development."
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Government accountability -- United States.
- Keyword: national defense
- Keyword: defense acquisitions
- Keyword: letter report
- Place Name: United States
Name: Government Accountability Office ReportsCode: GAORT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights License: pd
- Report No.: GAO-12-558
- Accession or Local Control No: 591317
- URL: http://gao.gov/products/GAO-12-558
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc298594