Biomass: Comparison of Definitions in Legislation Through the 111th Congress Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Biomass: Comparison of Definitions in Legislation Through the 111th Congress
- Series Title 111th Congress
Author: Bracmort, KelsiCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Analyst in Agricultural Conservation and Natural Resources Policy
Author: Gorte, Ross W.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: Specialist in Natural Resources Policy
Name: Library of Congress. Congressional Research Service.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2010-10-28
- Content Description: This report discusses the use of biomass as an energy feedstock, which is emerging as a potentially viable alternative to address U.S. energy security concerns, foreign oil dependence, rural economic development, and diminishing sources of conventional energy. Biomass (organic matter that can be converted into energy) may include food crops, crops for energy (e.g., switchgrass or prairie perennials), crop residues, wood waste and byproducts, and animal manure. This report discusses legislation regarding biomass, the evolving definition of biomass, and the positions of supporters and detractors of biomass as an alternative energy source.
- Physical Description: 18 pages.
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Energy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Biomass energy
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Alternative energy sources
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Refuse as fuel
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Energy crops
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Agriculture
- Legislative Indexing Vocabulary: Energy law and legislation
- Place Name: United States
Name: Congressional Research Service ReportsCode: CRSR
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- CRS Report Number: R40529
- Accession or Local Control No: R40529_2010Oct28
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc29569