Budget Issues: Treasury's Interest Rate Calculation Changes Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Budget Issues: Treasury's Interest Rate Calculation Changes
Author: United States. General Accounting Office.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. General Accounting Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1999-05-28
- Content Description: Correspondence issued by the General Accounting Office with an abstract that begins "Pursuant to a congressional request, GAO reported on the Department of the Treasury's decision to change the calculation of the interest rates used since 1980 to determine the investment returns for a number of government trust funds, including Social Security and Medicare, focusing on: (1) how and why Treasury changed its rules for calculating interest rates in 1980 and 1998; (2) the effects of these changes on the unified budget and on the financial status of Social Security and Medicare trust funds; and (3) what other trust funds were affected by Treasury's decision."
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Government accountability -- United States.
- Keyword: budget and spending
- Keyword: budget issues
- Keyword: correspondence
- Place Name: United States
Name: Government Accountability Office ReportsCode: GAORT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights License: pd
- Report No.: AIMD-99-194R
- Accession or Local Control No: 88827
- URL: http://gao.gov/products/AIMD-99-194R
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc295572