Ryan White CARE Act: Program Changes Affecting Minority AIDS Initiative and Part D Grantees Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Ryan White CARE Act: Program Changes Affecting Minority AIDS Initiative and Part D Grantees
Author: United States. Government Accountability Office.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Accountability Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2009-09-09
- Content Description: Testimony issued by the Government Accountability Office with an abstract that begins "Under the Ryan White Comprehensive AIDS Resources Emergency Act of 1990 (CARE Act) federal funds are made available to assist those affected by human immunodeficiency virus/acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (HIV/AIDS). The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) awards CARE Act grants to states, territories, metropolitan areas, and others. The Ryan White HIV/AIDS Treatment Modernization Act of 2006 (RWTMA) reauthorized CARE Act programs for fiscal years 2007 through 2009. The CARE Act's Minority AIDS Initiative (MAI) provides for grants through five parts (A, B, C, D, and F) with the goal of reducing HIV-related health disparities among minorities. RWTMA changed how HRSA awards MAI grants under Part A and Part B from a formula based on the demographics of the grantee to a competitive process. Part D provides for grants for services to women, infants, children, and youth with HIV/AIDS and their families. RWTMA capped Part D administrative expenses at 10 percent. GAO was asked to testify about CARE Act changes resulting from RWTMA. This testimony discusses (1) the implementation of the MAI provisions and (2) grantees' experiences under the Part D administrative expense cap. This testimony is based on two GAO reports, Ryan White Care Act: Implementation of the New Minority AIDS Initiative Provisions, GAO-09-315, and Ryan White Care Act: First-Year Experiences under the Part D Administrative Expense Cap, GAO-09-140."
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Government accountability -- United States.
- Keyword: health care
- Keyword: ryan white care act
- Keyword: testimony
- Place Name: United States
Name: Government Accountability Office ReportsCode: GAORT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights License: pd
- Report No.: GAO-09-1027T
- Accession or Local Control No: 123251
- URL: http://gao.gov/products/GAO-09-1027T
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc295014