Defense Acquisitions: Improved Management and Oversight Needed to Better Control DOD's Acquisition of Services Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Defense Acquisitions: Improved Management and Oversight Needed to Better Control DOD's Acquisition of Services
Author: United States. Government Accountability Office.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Accountability Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2007-05-10
- Content Description: Testimony issued by the Government Accountability Office with an abstract that begins "The Department of Defense (DOD) is relying more and more on contractors to provide billions of dollars in services. Congress has pushed DOD to employ sound business practices when using the private sector for services. This testimony discusses DOD's (1) increasing reliance on contractors; (2) efforts to follow sound business practices when acquiring services; and (3) actions to improve its management and oversight of services. This testimony is based on GAO's work spanning several years as well as recent reports issued by the Inspectors General."
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Government accountability -- United States.
- Keyword: national defense
- Keyword: defense acquisitions
- Keyword: testimony
- Place Name: United States
Name: Government Accountability Office ReportsCode: GAORT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights License: pd
- Report No.: GAO-07-832T
- Accession or Local Control No: 116607
- URL: http://gao.gov/products/GAO-07-832T
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc294731