A cartograph of Treasure Island in San Francisco Bay : Golden Gate International Exposition Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title A cartograph of Treasure Island in San Francisco Bay : Golden Gate International Exposition
Cartographer: Taylor, RuthCreator Type: PersonalCreator Info: "Cartograph by Ruth Taylor."
Name: San Francisco Bay Exposition CompanyPlace of Publication: San Francisco, California
- Creation: 1940
- Content Description: Pictorial map showing the layout of the Golden Gate International Exposition, 1939 - 1940 in San Francisco, California. The map is a bird's-eye view of the exposition area with north oriented in the upper-left. An index to the buildings is included in the lower-left corner. On the reverse, there is an additional index on the left and maps showing enlarged areas of the island as well as routes around the exposition area. The detail maps include the "Pacific Area," "International Court," "La Plaza Area," and the routes that are part of the "Elephant Train Transportation on Treasure Island."
- Physical Description: 1 map : col. ; 41 x 49 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Golden Gate International Exposition (1939-1940 : San Francisco, Calif.) -- Maps.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Printed maps -- 20th century.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Maps by women -- 20th century -- United States.
- Keyword: expositions
- Keyword: pictoral maps
- Keyword: event maps
- Keyword: Treasure Island
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - California - San Francisco County
- Start Date: 1939
- End Date: 1940
Name: General CollectionCode: UNTGC
Name: UNT Libraries Rare Book and Texana CollectionsCode: UNTRB
- OCLC: 59003529
- Call Number: T876 1939.C1 C37 1940
- UNT Catalog No.: b2714593
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc29458
- Display Note: On verso: Index; 5 maps of the Elephant transportation lines; Detail maps of: Pacific Area; International Court; and La Plaza Area. At least two variations of this map exist, differences in key on front, and detail maps on reverse.
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K