Map Showing the Location of Battle Fields of Virginia Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Map Showing the Location of Battle Fields of Virginia
Compiler: Chesapeake and Ohio Railway Company.Creator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: "Compiled from official war records and maps for the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway Co., 1891."
Engraver: Poole Brothers.Contributor Type: OrganizationContributor Info: "[Poole] Bros., Engr's, Chicago."
Name: Chesapeake and Ohio Railway CompanyPlace of Publication: Chicago, Illinois
- Creation: 1891
- Content Description: Hand-drawn color map of the state of Virginia which shows the location of Civil War battlefields (1861-1865), Chesapeake & Ohio Railroad lines, distinguishing between those which are pre-war and post-war, other railroads during the war, plank roads, turnpikes, other roads and light houses. Bodies of water and geographic features are noted, with relief shown by hachures.
- Physical Description: 1 map : col., mounted on paper ; 53 x 63 cm., on sheet 53 x 63 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Maps.
- Other: Printed maps -- 19th century -- United States -- Specimens.
- Keyword: Virginia railroads
- Keyword: geography
- Keyword: maps
- Item is a Primary Source
- Place Name: United States - Virginia
- Coverage Date: 1891
Name: General CollectionCode: UNTGC
Name: UNT Libraries Rare Book and Texana CollectionsCode: UNTRB
- OCLC: 51719915
- Call Number: G3881.S5 1891 .C54 1892
- UNT Catalog No.: b2893887
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc29449
- Digital Preservation: creationAppName: Adobe Photoshop creationAppVersion: 7 creationHardware: BetterLight Super8K
- Display Note: Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.