YMCA United War Work Campaign, November 11-18, 1918 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title YMCA United War Work Campaign, November 11-18, 1918
- Series Title American War Posters
Artist: Wauk, S. J.Creator Type: PersonalCreator Info: S. J. Wauk, Paris
Other: United States. Committee on Public InformationCreator Type: OrganizationCreator Info: Established as an independent agency by Executive Order 2594 on April 13, 1917. Abolished by Executive Order 3154, August 21, 1919. Also known as the Creel Commission. See the National Archives' Records of the Committee on Public Information, Record Group 63, http://www.archives.gov/research/guide-fed-records/groups/063.html#63.3 .
Name: Alco-Gravure, Inc.Place of Publication: N.Y.
- Creation: 1918
- Content Description: Poster showing a portrait of General Pershing and a quote from him in support of the United War Work Campaign.
- Physical Description: 1 photomechanical print (poster) : halftone and letterpress ; 84 x 56 cm.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1914-1918 -- United States -- Posters.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- United States -- Posters.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: War posters, American -- 1914-1918 -- Specimens.
- Keyword: war work
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Pershing, John J. (John Joseph), 1860-1948.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States -- 1910-1920 -- Posters.
- Item is a Primary Source
Name: World War Poster CollectionCode: WWPC
Name: World War One CollectionCode: WWI
Name: UNT Libraries Rare Book and Texana CollectionsCode: UNTRB
- Rights Access: public
- Accession or Local Control No: UNTGD_Database No. 388
- Call Number: Posters World War I Wauk 1
- OCLC: 51119150
- UNT Catalog No.: b2702039
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc29416
- Display Note: Symbol of the United States Committee on Public Information, Division of Pictorial Publicity appears in lower right corner of portrait. Portrait is signed "S. J. Wauk. March-1918. © Paris." Caption: Cabled from France August 21st, 1918, "A sense of obligation for the varied and useful service rendered to the army in France by the Y.M.C.A. prompts me to join in the appeal for its further financial support. I have opportunity to observe its operations, measure the quality of its personnel and mark its beneficial influence upon our troops, and I wish unreservedly to commend its work for the Army." Pershing.