Nuclear Security: DOE Must Address Significant Issues to Meet the Requirements of the New Design Basis Threat Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Nuclear Security: DOE Must Address Significant Issues to Meet the Requirements of the New Design Basis Threat
Author: United States. General Accounting Office.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. General Accounting Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2004-05-11
- Content Description: Testimony issued by the General Accounting Office with an abstract that begins "A successful terrorist attack on Department of Energy (DOE) sites containing nuclear weapons or the material used in nuclear weapons could have devastating consequences for the site and its surrounding communities. Because of these risks, DOE needs an effective safeguards and security program. A key component of an effective program is the design basis threat (DBT), a classified document that identifies, among other things, the potential size and capabilities of terrorist forces. The terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, rendered the then-current DBT obsolete, resulting in DOE issuing a new version in May 2003. GAO (1) identified why DOE took almost 2 years to develop a new DBT, (2) analyzed the higher threat in the new DBT, and (3) identified remaining issues that need to be resolved in order for DOE to meet the threat contained in the new DBT."
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Government accountability -- United States.
- Keyword: budget and spending
- Keyword: auditing and financial management
- Keyword: homeland security
- Keyword: national defense
- Keyword: nuclear security
- Keyword: testimony
- Place Name: United States
Name: Government Accountability Office ReportsCode: GAORT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights License: pd
- Report No.: GAO-04-773T
- Accession or Local Control No: 110925
- URL: http://gao.gov/products/GAO-04-773T
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc293919