Nuclear Weapons: Opportunities Exist to Improve the Budgeting, Cost Accounting, and Management Associated with the Stockpile Life Extension Program Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Nuclear Weapons: Opportunities Exist to Improve the Budgeting, Cost Accounting, and Management Associated with the Stockpile Life Extension Program
Author: United States. General Accounting Office.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. General Accounting Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2003-07-28
- Content Description: A letter report issued by the General Accounting Office with an abstract that begins "As a separately organized agency within the Department of Energy (DOE), the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) administers the Stockpile Life Extension Program, whose purpose is to extend, through refurbishment, the operational lives of the weapons in the nuclear stockpile. NNSA encountered significant management problems with its first refurbishment. NNSA has begun three additional life extensions. This study was undertaken to determine the extent to which budgetary, cost accounting, and other management issues that contributed to problems with the first refurbishment have been adequately addressed."
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Government accountability -- United States.
- Keyword: auditing and financial management
- Keyword: energy
- Keyword: national defense
- Keyword: nuclear weapons
- Keyword: letter report
- Place Name: United States
Name: Government Accountability Office ReportsCode: GAORT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights License: pd
- Report No.: GAO-03-583
- Accession or Local Control No: 239155
- URL: http://gao.gov/products/GAO-03-583
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc293840