Social Security Administration: Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled; Substantial Gainful Activity Amounts Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Social Security Administration: Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income for the Aged, Blind, and Disabled; Substantial Gainful Activity Amounts
Author: United States. General Accounting Office.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. General Accounting Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1999-04-23
- Content Description: Other written product issued by the General Accounting Office with an abstract that begins "Pursuant to a legislative requirement, GAO reviewed the Social Security Administration's (SSA) new rule on Old-age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance and Supplemental Social Security Income for the aged, blind, and disabled. GAO noted that: (1) the rule would revise the monthly earnings guidelines for determining when earnings demonstrate the ability to engage in substantial gainful activity (SGA); (2) specifically, the final rule raises from $500 to $700 the average monthly earnings guidelines used to determine whether work done by persons with impairments other than blindness is SGA; and (3) SSA complied with the applicable requirements in promulgating the rule."
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Government accountability -- United States.
- Keyword: worker and family assistance
- Keyword: social security administration
- Keyword: other written product
- Place Name: United States
Name: Government Accountability Office ReportsCode: GAORT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights License: pd
- Report No.: OGC-99-42
- Accession or Local Control No: 199708
- URL: http://gao.gov/products/OGC-99-42
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc293392