United Nations: Status of U.S. Contributions and Arrears Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title United Nations: Status of U.S. Contributions and Arrears
Author: United States. General Accounting Office.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. General Accounting Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 1999-07-28
- Content Description: A letter report issued by the General Accounting Office with an abstract that begins "Pursuant to a congressional request, GAO updated its previous report on United Nations (U.N.) financial issues and U.S. arrears, focusing on: (1) the amount the United States will need to pay before the end of 1999 to avoid losing its right to vote in the U.N. General Assembly; (2) the trend in U.S. assessed contributions and arrears that has led to the current situation; (3) U.S. arrears and the amounts withheld for legislative and policy reasons; and (4) the status of member states that lost their right to vote in the General Assembly at the beginning of 1999."
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Government accountability -- United States.
- Keyword: international affairs
- Keyword: united nations
- Keyword: letter report
- Place Name: United States
Name: Government Accountability Office ReportsCode: GAORT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights License: pd
- Report No.: NSIAD-99-187
- Accession or Local Control No: 227689
- URL: http://gao.gov/products/NSIAD-99-187
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc293003