Federal Communications Commission: Assessment and Collection of Regulatory Fees for Fiscal Year 2000 Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Federal Communications Commission: Assessment and Collection of Regulatory Fees for Fiscal Year 2000
Author: United States. General Accounting Office.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. General Accounting Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2000-08-01
- Content Description: Other written product issued by the General Accounting Office with an abstract that begins "Pursuant to a legislative requirement, GAO reviewed the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) new rule on the assessment and collection of regulatory fees for fiscal year (FY) 2000. GAO noted that: (1) the rule revises the regulatory fee schedule to bring it into compliance with the amount of such fees Congress has required FCC to collect for FY 2000; (2) the amount to be recovered is $185,754,000, or almost 7.67 percent more than was required for FY 1999; (3) the purpose of the fees is to recover the costs of regulation in the areas of enforcement, policy and rulemaking, international and user information activities; and (4) FCC complied with applicable requirements in promulgating the rule."
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Government accountability -- United States.
- Keyword: telecommunications
- Keyword: federal communications commission
- Keyword: other written product
- Place Name: United States
Name: Government Accountability Office ReportsCode: GAORT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights License: pd
- Report No.: OGC-00-50
- Accession or Local Control No: 200294
- URL: http://gao.gov/products/OGC-00-50
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc292926