Veterans' Benefits: Promising Claims-Processing Practices Need to Be Evaluated Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Veterans' Benefits: Promising Claims-Processing Practices Need to Be Evaluated
Author: United States. General Accounting Office.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. General Accounting Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2000-04-07
- Content Description: A letter report issued by the General Accounting Office with an abstract that begins "Pursuant to a congressional request, GAO reviewed the Veterans Benefits Administration's (VBA) claims processing procedures, focusing on: (1) practices that individual regional offices believe have helped them improve the accuracy of their disability decisions and remand rates; and (2) VBA's efforts to evaluate and disseminate information on individual regional office practices that hold promise for improving accuracy and remand rates of regional offices nationwide."
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Government accountability -- United States.
- Keyword: veterans
- Keyword: justice and law enforcement
- Keyword: veterans' benefits
- Keyword: letter report
- Place Name: United States
Name: Government Accountability Office ReportsCode: GAORT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights License: pd
- Report No.: HEHS-00-65
- Accession or Local Control No: 230266
- URL: http://gao.gov/products/HEHS-00-65
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc292909