Sourcing Policy: Initial Agency Efforts to Balance the Government to Contractor Mix in the Multisector Workforce Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title Sourcing Policy: Initial Agency Efforts to Balance the Government to Contractor Mix in the Multisector Workforce
Author: United States. Government Accountability Office.Creator Type: Organization
Name: United States. Government Accountability Office.Place of Publication: Washington D.C.
- Creation: 2010-05-20
- Content Description: Testimony issued by the Government Accountability Office with an abstract that begins "Federal agencies face a complicated set of decisions in finding the right mix of government and contractor personnel to conduct their missions. While contractors, when properly used, can play an important role in helping agencies accomplish their missions, GAO has found that agencies face challenges with increased reliance on contractors to perform core agency missions. Congress and the Executive branch also have expressed concern as to whether federal agencies have become over-reliant on contractors and have appropriately outsourced services. A March 2009 Presidential memorandum tasked the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) to take several actions in response to this concern. Based on GAO's prior work, this statement discusses (1) civilian agencies' development and implementation of guidelines to consider whether contracted functions should be brought in-house --a process known as insourcing; (2) OMB's proposed policy on work reserved for federal employees; (3) challenges agencies face in managing the federal workforce; and (4) key tools available for insourcing and related efforts."
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Government accountability -- United States.
- Keyword: worker and family assistance
- Keyword: budget and spending
- Keyword: employment
- Keyword: justice and law enforcement
- Keyword: human capital
- Keyword: sourcing policy
- Keyword: testimony
- Place Name: United States
Name: Government Accountability Office ReportsCode: GAORT
Name: UNT Libraries Government Documents DepartmentCode: UNTGD
- Rights License: pd
- Report No.: GAO-10-744T
- Accession or Local Control No: 124733
- URL: http://gao.gov/products/GAO-10-744T
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc290960