161 Glass: Site Specific Music in an Artistic Context Metadata
Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.
- Main Title 161 Glass: Site Specific Music in an Artistic Context
Author: Rusnak, Christina S.Creator Type: Personal
Chair: Bithell, DavidContributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Major Professor
Committee Member: Baum, Edward M.Contributor Type: PersonalContributor Info: Minor Professor
Committee Member: Klein, JosephContributor Type: Personal
Name: University of North TexasPlace of Publication: Denton, TexasAdditional Info: Web: www.unt.edu
- Creation: 2010-05
- Content Description: The composition 161 Glass is a 17-minute musical work with percussion, wind and brass instruments in which the intersection of mid-century architecture, and the art and culture of a dynamic city are inextricably linked. Through this paper, I explore the process of composing a musical work in relationship to the significance of site specific context. The paper begins by defining the concept of site specific art works; then reviews the discourse of the intersection of art, music and architecture. I then delve into the cultural and geographic context surrounding this project from the modern era through the present, and how those perspectives apply to the building and my piece. I reveal how the composition relates the musical ideas to the site. Finally, I describe the collaborative process between myself, the musicians and the Dallas Contemporary staff.
- Keyword: Site specific
- Keyword: composition
- Keyword: artistic
- Keyword: music
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Sextets (Clarinet, trombone, percussion) -- Scores.
- Library of Congress Subject Headings: Composition (Music)
Name: UNT Theses and DissertationsCode: UNTETD
Name: UNT LibrariesCode: UNT
- Rights Access: public
- Rights License: copyright
- Rights Holder: Rusnak, Christina S.
- Rights Statement: Copyright is held by the author, unless otherwise noted. All rights reserved.
- Thesis or Dissertation
- OCLC: 680653199
- UNT Catalog No.: b3875911
- Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc28472
- Degree Name: Master of Arts
- Degree Level: Master's
- Degree Discipline: Music Composition
- Academic Department: College of Music
- Degree Grantor: University of North Texas