Ensemble Metadata

Metadata describes a digital item, providing (if known) such information as creator, publisher, contents, size, relationship to other resources, and more. Metadata may also contain "preservation" components that help us to maintain the integrity of digital files over time.

Title

  • Main Title Ensemble
  • Series Title Dallas Museum of Fashion Collection

Creator

  • Designer: Adrian, Gilbert
    Creator Type: Personal

Contributor

  • Donor: Woffle, Mrs. M.L.
    Contributor Type: Personal
  • Artist: Dali, Salvador
    Contributor Type: Personal

Date

  • Creation: 1950

Language

  • No Language

Description

  • Content Description: Ensemble of blue silk crepe with black and white print, consisting of: A) Tunic top of silk crepe. Short, bat wing sleeves with insert of black, rectangular material at shoulder line. Mock V-neck opening backed with same material and ties of self. Center back zipper. Unlined. Designer's label at back zipper: "Adrian / Original" B) Skirt of same fabric. Straight; below knee-length. Black crepe waistband. Zipper closure with slit at hem line. Unlined.

Subject

  • University of North Texas Libraries Browse Structure: Social Life and Customs - Clothing

Coverage

  • Coverage Date: 1950
  • Place Name: United States - California

Collection

  • Name: Texas Fashion Collection
    Code: TXFC

Institution

  • Name: UNT College of Visual Arts + Design
    Code: UNTCVA

Resource Type

  • Physical Object

Format

  • Image

Identifier

  • Accession or Local Control No: 1966.033.001
  • Archival Resource Key: ark:/67531/metadc283764

Note

  • Display Note: Original accession records state that the Grecian figures in the print were designed by Salvador Dali.
  • Display Note: This object was part of the Dallas Museum of Fashion collection. Founded in 1960 by the Fashion Group, Inc. of Dallas, the collection comprised important items of historic and current fashion. It was housed in the Apparel Mart, Dallas, and operated as the Dallas Museum of Fashion from 1960 until 1971. It moved to what was then North Texas State University in 1972, and became the Texas Fashion Collection.